Little Wife On the Prairie





When you are everything to everyone, well, you had better act like you have it all together.



Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Been gone but back with some fermentation!

Life blew up in a big way.  Lots of great and exciting things but mostly just a lot of work.  So I have not been taking pictures or blogging.  We are slowing down a bit so I am trying to do some of the things I love.  One being blogging. The other, fermenting!!!

This is my fermentation cabinet I have created.  It stores all of my good stuff.  This really has become a regular part of my life so I thought I would give it a permanent home.   
  
This week I have firecracker carrots which are SUPER hot.  I used farmer's market jalapenos and oh my gosh!

 One of my new favorites is honey mustard.  Now that I am able to use our own honey, it seems even tastier.

I love salsa, I love ferments but I don't love fermented salsa.  I am giving it one more try.  If I don't like it this time then I will be sure.  :)

And pickles that will rock your face off!

This is my faithful "booch."  I just wanted to show off that giant SCOBY.  :)  This batch went to vinegar so I am using it in salad dressing, marinades and anything else I can think of.


No comments: