Little Wife On the Prairie





When you are everything to everyone, well, you had better act like you have it all together.



Sunday, August 21, 2011

My sad/happy day.

I am in shock.  Summer is over.  While my garden is still in production, my babies aren't going to be here to help me harvest.  They will be part of a classroom.  Just another kid.  Even though their teachers will love them, they won't know how truly wonderful and special they are. 

They won't know just how precious and tender Jolie's heart is towards others.  They won't see the sweetness in Asher's somber and serious way.  Their hearts won't fill with joy at the twinkle in Zaddok's eyes.  I mourn this loss.  I will miss my babies. 


 But the excitement they feel makes up for my hesitation.  They are so ready to be part of that classroom.  They can't wait to be one of the kids.  And they are so excited to show the teachers every reason why they should love them! 


This is the hardest part of parenting.  Letting them be who they are apart from us.  We know that everything we have taught and prayed covers them.  We pray that their hearts are guarded and that their spirits are protected.  We hope that they have a really wonderful experience. 



"May the Lord bless you and keep you.  May He make His face shine upon you and be gracious unto you.  May the Lord give you Peace."


Matt took this on his way home from work. *sigh*

Have a sweet day my babies. Mama's gonna cry a little. Then I'm gonna go get a coffee with only one child by my side.
At least he is stinkin' cute. 

This is the corn we grew this year!  Isn't is cute?  Thanks Papa!

We have been blessed with a good production of cucumbers.

Our girls have been busy!  I saved them to make some breakfast casseroles for the freezer.  Great easy school morning breakfasts.

Thanks for sharing this day with me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will be thinking of you tomorrow....and always. Your little ones are so very lucky to have you as their Mama.

Carrie said...

What a season you've entered! PTL for parents striving to bring their kids up in the Lord, & then sending them out into the world. Makes me think of the song I learned when I was a kid - "I am a promise. I am a possibility.... & I'm a learnin' to hear God's voice, & I'm a tryin' to make the right choices. I'm a promise to be anything God wants me to be!"
Blessings on your sweet family! Miss y'all!