Little Wife On the Prairie





When you are everything to everyone, well, you had better act like you have it all together.



Saturday, November 26, 2011

My sister's kids.

After our mother/daughter trip, Jolie and I got to spend a night with my sister Heather (Aunter) and her sweet family.  It was so fun to be able to have time with just the girls.  Well, Uncle George was there but he just took care of us. 

Now I have very special feelings for all of my nieces and nephews.  They are precious and I love them all.  I have gotten a lot of joy out of getting to know them and in watching them grow. 

But there is just something about my sister's kids.  I remember when Ava, the oldest, was born.  I loaded up my 3 kids and drove 3 hours to get to the hospital.  When she finally made her appearance, I was just amazed.  She was beautiful and chubby.  I just couldn't believe that my little sister was a mommy! 

I got to spend a little bit of time with Heather before I had to take my kiddos home.  It was her first baby but she was a natural.  I spent my last few hours there kissing and squeezing and rocking and smelling my new niece.  I admired my sister and the way she took to her daughter.  I knew it was love. 

But when it was time to leave, I felt a bit of panic.  I couldn't understand it.  I wasn't worried about Heather or Ava.  I just didn't want to leave them.  Leaving my niece was like leaving very own flesh and blood.  It was a feeling I had never had before.  And when I finally did leave, I cried for a bit and then kept feeling like I had forgotten something.  

It is still that way for me.  Maybe it's because we don't get to see each other very often.  Or maybe it's because I still feel protective over my sister so I feel protective of them too.  Either way, I love Miss Ava Grace and Miss Liv Marie. (Livie Lou!) 

Jolie and I had a great time with them and can't wait to see them again. Thank you Heather and George for making them such sweet and wonderful girls to be around!   

Silly little girls!

Ava is 5, Jolie is 10 and Liv is 2

Have you ever seen such a sweet face?

We brought the girls a sweet treat from Ruidoso.  Livie Lou was giving it a taste.

This is the big thing to do at Aunter and Uncle George's house.  The jacuzzi tub!


We had a wonderful weekend.  Thanks to our boys at home for letting us go!

No comments: