Little Wife On the Prairie





When you are everything to everyone, well, you had better act like you have it all together.



Sunday, September 23, 2012

3rd Annual Mullins Canning Day!

It's time to can.  My mother-in-law does her yearly trip to New Mexico and brings us back fresh stuff from Sichler's Farms.  We usually do green chile too but since we did that a couple of weeks ago, we were able to focus on canning. 


Look at these beauties!

Looks a bit daunting.

Our set-up gets better every year.  We come up with a system that works and we power through! 

You wouldn't believe the wonderful fresh smell that these tomatoes produce.  It smells the same even a year later when you pop these babies open!

My beautiful mother-in-law skinning tomatoes.  (I would show a picture of my sister-in-law too but I think she would kill me.)

My Cuisinart did a great job but took a beating.  It shinned up nice and pretty after.

We canned our salsa again this year.  Here are the veggies waiting to be processed.

We were able to make some bread and butter jalapenos and some pickled ones! 

It is so great to pull these out later in the winter.

It was a long hard day but we always enjoy it and look forward to next year!

1 comment:

Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily Farm Girl said...

Wow! Lots of work. This is my first year canning. New fan of your blog here! I hope you will come visit me at Fresh Eggs Daily and share some posts at my Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/10/farm-girl-blog-fest-3.html