Little Wife On the Prairie





When you are everything to everyone, well, you had better act like you have it all together.



Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fair on the Square!

This is my FAVORITE time of year. I love the ballgames, the sweet smell of dying vegetation, the coolness in the breeze, the darkness of the morning, the coziness of my giant,chunky robe, the sound of the marching band in the distance and oatmeal. Oatmeal is the stew of fall breakfasts. (I often say things that make no sense.) Oatmeal with honey, walnuts, dried fruit and cream. I prefer steel-cut but will settle for the old fashioned oats. Oh my, I am totally off track. Food does that to me.
Back to Fall. I love fall here in Canyon. We kick off with WTAMU's homecoming weekend. There are parades, bonfires, games and hometown fairs. We enjoy it all and know that when those things happen, Fall is really here. We had lots of family in town for the festivities. I always love it.
Canyon's Fair on the Square is not what most people would think of as a fair. There are no rides. But there are lovely food trucks filled with yummy fair foods. And there are arts and crafts to browse through before you attend the parade. Of course I took pictures. And of course I will subject you all to them. Here they are!








What are your favorite fall traditions? I'd love to hear!

1 comment:

Grandmolly (cousin) said...

Levi's face paint looks just like a pacifier in his mouth! HaHaHaHa!
Great pics, Rachelle!