Little Wife On the Prairie





When you are everything to everyone, well, you had better act like you have it all together.



Monday, June 21, 2010

Zaddie Poo-poo

Believe it or not, that is what I called him for the first few years of his life. Oh, there were others too. Zad Poo, Pooper, Poopoo, and my all-time favorite, Poop. Poor guy. We stick to Zadd or Zaddie now. I guess he will forgive me one day. His name had always been controversial and will probably give him fits. Most of our family still can't spell it right. Again I say, poor guy. But we chose the name with purpose. It was a name that meant something to us. Zadok in the Old Testament was a priest who chose to be on God's side in a very serious situation. Here is a link to the story. If there was any characteristic that I would want to make sure my babies have, it would be standing firm in what they know is right. We changed the spelling of Zadok (which is pronounced with a long a) to Zaddok so that it would be more pleasing to the American tongue but the meaning remains the same. Righteous. Not surfer-dude righteous but lover of God righteous.

Now, Zaddok the kid is a nut! He is the funniest most joyful little boy I have ever met. He loves just about everyone. He is a crazy wild boy who will come by and slap my hiney just to see if he will get in trouble. He LOVES his older brother and sister and would rather be with them than anyone else. (Except maybe Judah or Kyle!) He thinks his baby brother is cute but maybe has just a little bit of jealousy over losing his baby status. He gets away with everything. Not because I don't care but because I am 31 and I'm tired and because he really is too stinkin' cute sometimes. It's not just the cuteness but the sincerity in his eyes when he tells me he didn't mean to spit on his baby brother's head. He's got really sweet eyes. See...



Zaddok is the classic little brother. He wants to win and he want to win big. He will practice something until he gets it. Not because it's all that important to him but because he wants to WIN! He has the little brother temper. Quick to anger and quick to reap justice for himself. That will end in someone crying and it is usually him. But that's okay because five seconds later he will be laughing hysterically at something someone said. I would say his little laugh is like angels singing but it is really more like chipmunks freaking out. It often gets us all rolling on the floor and laughing with him! He is that guy in our house. He brings joy, hugs, giggles and rosy cheeks. He always has rosy cheeks. It fits his jolliness.

Zadd Poo, I love you more than you will ever know. I pray God's protective hand over you. I know that he has created you for a purpose and I can't wait to see what that is! You are my darling little man and I thank my Abba that he chose me to be your mama. Love you buddy.


No comments: