Little Wife On the Prairie





When you are everything to everyone, well, you had better act like you have it all together.



Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Garden Update!!!!

I have not updated on my garden in awhile. We just have so much to share that the garden goes on the back burner. But it's all about her today. She is producing and flowering all over the place. It's the part of gardening I love the most. The fruits of all of that labor come pouring into my kitchen. See...(I apologize in advance to all of my family and friends for the massive amount of squash you will be receiving this year.)



This is a beautiful and perfect tomato blossom.


The garden scene!


Patty-pan squash. Amazing and cute.


Green bean blossoms.


Loaded jalapeno plant!


Clusters of tomato blossoms.


My niece Emma is shorter than my tomato plants!


Cantaloupe blossom. Oh I pray these make fruit. It is such a taste of summer to me.


Basil, I love you. I really do. I hope we can be friends for a long long time. You, me, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, olive oil and garlic will be there. We'll invite crusty bread too. He's a good guy. I'm going to stop having deep conversations with my food now, thank you.


Finally, our growing chicks are more like small chickens now.

2 comments:

The Iowa Farmer's Wife said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't know you had chickens! What fun! (or is it?) Your garden/plants look ah-mazing. We're just starting to get our tomatoes and I'm lovin' it. And our jalapenos are ridiculously hot. Not sure what I'm going to do with them all! Better learn to pickle them!

Little Wife on the Prairie said...

I LOVE my chickens! I am trying to convert everyone to being chicken owners. They are so easy to care for and give the best and most healthy eggs! All of our tomatoes are still green but we are hoping to have a bunch. We canned them last year and I loved having them to use. I canned jalapenoes too. They were very good but I didn't use anything to keep them crisp so they got kinda mushy. An alternative is to make and can salsa. We think it is very good and convenient in the winter when there is not much good fresh produce. I love reading your blog! I wish I had the space you guys have for your garden. Hope God blesses you with abundance this season!