Little Wife On the Prairie





When you are everything to everyone, well, you had better act like you have it all together.



Saturday, November 13, 2010

In my 20's...

In my 20's, my baby weight came off quickly after I finished breast-feeding. 

In my 30's, not so much. 

In my 20's, I still felt cute in my jeans.

In my 30's, I am just trying to avoid mom-jeans. 

In my 20's, it did not hurt to get out of bed in the morning.

In my 30's, what in the heck is up with that?  I just slept.  Shouldn't I feel vibrant and ready to face the day.  Instead I feel like I slept in a suitcase.

In my 20's, I still held out hope that one day I would play volleyball again. 

In my 30's and after 4 children, I will spare you the details of my jumping/bladder issues. 

In my 20's, I never questioned wearing a pony-tail, shorts or giant hoop earrings. 

In my 30's, I am wishing to hurry and get to the mu mu stage so I don't have to wonder what is appropriate anymore. 

In my 20's, I would stay up way too late and sleep in as long as I could.

In my 30's, well, not much has changed there. 

In my 20's, I dealt with self-confidence issues and insecurities because I didn't really "know myself."

In my 30's, I figured out that "knowing yourself" is overrated and that if I were to quit changing and growing, I would be soooo boring!

In my 20's I had great big dreams for my life.

In my 30's, I realize that I am not living life for myself and pray that whatever I  do will be to His glory.  After all, my Abba knows the desires of my heart. 

In my 20's, I just knew I could take on the world all by myself.

In my 30's, I know how much I need the support of my friends and loved ones.  (Oh, and the only reason I would take on the world now would be to protect my babies.  I'm vicious!)

In my 20's, I never imagined being in my 30's would be so great!

In my 30's, I cannot imagine being 40!!!!!  

Just a little shout-out to my sisters in the 30-something club! 

3 comments:

jeana said...

Haha, this made me laugh! I love your heart and your sweet spirit...looking forward to 30!

molly said...

omgosh...I so agree! I was just thinking today "WHY is my body holding on to 15 extra pounds after baby?? I've always just DROPPED it without trying!" Does this mean I must WORK OUT now?? AUGH!!!

good post my friend...and I also love the baby's mess! Too Cute!

Love ya girl!

Little Wife on the Prairie said...

Jeana-I can't imagine you having Any body problems in your 30's, you're too cute!

Molly-It is unfortunate that we shall retain the body memory of our last pregnancy. Not forever though! If i can just stay unpreggo then maybe my body can work on it's shape! So happy for you!